• Total voters

Raj

popeye the sailor man
OWNER
Apr 15, 2019
MA
netvpx.com
Hey everyone,

Now that Towny has been out for a few days and has received it’s post-launch care, both myself and players have noticed multiple bugs that don’t seem to correlate directly to a plug-in. An easy example of this is Piglin trading being half broken.

With this in mind, I started working on a list of things to do overtime to fix and polish the server up, until more and more started piling up. I decided to take a break from that and just played regularly on the server to see the experience for myself, and I enjoyed it very much, and still am, but I can see the following eventually/potentially fatal flaws.
  1. Towny isn’t doing anything other than just being a land protection plugin. It currently isn’t being used as intended as a roleplay plugin where citizens buy/rent plots and pay taxes on them. This itself isn’t a issue, but the next point will explain why it becomes one
  2. Towny is broken for it’s competitiveness. Currently the only thing that makes you feel like your Nation or Town is better than others is your leaderboard status, after you figure out what command the leaderboard is. Is it /t or /towny? Who knows. To get to the point the War mechanic is completely broken, and even when it isn’t broken, it’s BORING. This was going to be an integral part to the server as I was going for a Factions server feel in terms of competitiveness but without the toxicity and ugly base designs.
  3. Towny breaks Vanilla mechanics. Villagers have iffy trading issues, Piglins sometimes decide not to pick up stuff. Booo
  4. End game is not as far as it seems. Diamond gear and even netherite gear is easy to get. Currently the progression is being focused on Slimefun and AE, which will be nice for a while but can get boring or tedious quickly. (Especially with the lack of PvP with AE)
With these sticking out to myself, and that I’ve started to realize what our community, and even new people who have just joined our community (<3), like and don’t like, I’ve come up with a plan to overtime update the server to the place I originally intended it to be, with the current playstyle of today’s players.

This project is being called “EventuallyUpdate”

This project consists of many changes, but the major change is that I will be replacing Towny with a plugin called “Lands”
Lands offers grief protection on the level of Towny and roleplay abilities, but with the addition of a war system. I have the ability to allow Lands to go to war with eachother and allow them to pay off the other Land to end the war. This not only helps improve the lack of competitiveness, it also puts in PvP, Raiding (to an extent), and more ways to gain/lose money.

I have an internal due date for this project, start of 2021, but no promises. This project won’t start until DarkRP is near completion, or I am freed up enough from my responsibilities on the other servers. As a note this update is meant to be done overtime, and not as one big push. All players will keep their progress and it /should/ be painless.

That’s about all I have for this post, please reply with any questions you have, suggestions, or comments telling me how you feel about this.

The following is the current internal list of “tasks”
Feel free to ask for clarification on any of them.

• REPLACE TOWNY WITH LANDS OR A BETTER PLUGIN. Towny has too many backend issues causing vanilla bug
  • New chat formatting system
  • Spawn build updating
  • GUI shop for buying
  • /sell /esell overhaul
  • Remove Creative and turn into it's own server
  • Anticheat overhaul
  • wiki.slurp.space
  • Custom admin suite (GUI?)
  • New banner
  • Voting overhaul
  • Custom mobs
  • PVP Arena
  • PVP rewards
  • Mob Arena
  • Replace UltraCosmetics
  • Donations overhaul
  • Reoptimize LagAssist, ClearLag, Paper, Spigot, Bukkit
  • Move all plugins to MySQL
  • Dangerous Caves 2
  • Ultimate Revenge (passive mob aggro)
  • Make marriage a bit more roleplayery
  • Furniture
  • Redo Autorank to a traditional "Rankup" system, and make each time rank have more meaning. Consider removing time rank prefix from chat.
  • Redo TAB to show more info
  • Redo Salary
  • Update to 1.16.2+
  • Add Plugman or an alike plugin
  • Add bounty system
  • Think of a better name than “Slurp Space Towny”, something along the lines of “Slurp Kingdoms”
  • Add Bungeecord/Waterfall for the creative server but also so that server restarts are seamless
  • Selection Visualizer
  • Reconfigure RTP
  • Add Spawner plugin, try to avoid Silk Touch ones
  • Add chest sorting system
  • Replace QuickShop
  • McBans type of global database ban plugin
  • Add server wide donation boosts
  • New player guided tutorial
  • Redo combatlog
  • Setup extensive backup plugin
  • /back update or replace with graves system
  • Advertising on more than just server listings, forum posts as well.
  • YouTube showcase videos
  • Update Trailer?
  • Rewards for content creators
  • Extensive retesting
  • Slurp Modded Client

Ranger

Nov 25, 2019
Honestly, I have no problem with the competitiveness in the server as it is. Obviously, for a Towny server, competitiveness isn't the main goal, unlike Factions. Towny is more for Roleplaying rather than 'grinding' for overpowered equipment and raiding other player's claims. Towny is a much more relaxing version of Factions. As of now, though, passive competitiveness in my eyes is completely fine. Another thing that I saw was about Reconfiguring RTP. I was just wondering if there was a specific issue with it that needed to be fixed because as far are Random Teleportation Plug-Ins go, I actually enjoy this one a ton.

A great addition to the Towny server would be a Jobs Plug-In. This allows for more of a variety for the Roleplay aspect of the server. If I can recall correctly, there is a Jobs Plug-In that gives you tasks that will award you money for completing them. These tasks that I have mentioned are related to the job that you have chosen. If this Plug-In is added, I believe that it would be a great feature overall. I will post a link to the Plug-In that I have seen and used before down below, but I am not sure how 'Up-to-date' the Plug-In actually is. It has a simple GUI that is very user friendly as well.

Link to Jobs Reborn: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/jobs-reborn.4216/

I honestly can't wait for the countless things that will be coming to the Minecraft server, especially the Slurp Modded Client. Hope that this all goes well and according to plan!

Raj

popeye the sailor man
OWNER
Apr 15, 2019
MA
netvpx.com
Honestly, I have no problem with the competitiveness in the server as it is. Obviously, for a Towny server, competitiveness isn't the main goal, unlike Factions. Towny is more for Roleplaying rather than 'grinding' for overpowered equipment and raiding other player's claims. Towny is a much more relaxing version of Factions. As of now, though, passive competitiveness in my eyes is completely fine. Another thing that I saw was about Reconfiguring RTP. I was just wondering if there was a specific issue with it that needed to be fixed because as far are Random Teleportation Plug-Ins go, I actually enjoy this one a ton.

A great addition to the Towny server would be a Jobs Plug-In. This allows for more of a variety for the Roleplay aspect of the server. If I can recall correctly, there is a Jobs Plug-In that gives you tasks that will award you money for completing them. These tasks that I have mentioned are related to the job that you have chosen. If this Plug-In is added, I believe that it would be a great feature overall. I will post a link to the Plug-In that I have seen and used before down below, but I am not sure how 'Up-to-date' the Plug-In actually is. It has a simple GUI that is very user friendly as well.

Link to Jobs Reborn: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/jobs-reborn.4216/

I honestly can't wait for the countless things that will be coming to the Minecraft server, especially the Slurp Modded Client. Hope that this all goes well and according to plan!

RTP is just being replaced with CMI’s RTP just to avoid having multiple plugins do the same thing. They will function exactly the same.

When creating the server at the start I’ve avoided the jobs plugin for the reason that it’s exploitable economy wise but I will take another look at it

Reactions: Ranger